Monday, May 2, 2011

I'm now the mommy of a married woman (even if she looks 14)

Lindy looked like she was playing dress-ups two weeks ago when she was married. She looked the beautiful "child-bride." Really she will be graduating from college this year and turning 22 in August. But I suppose all the little ladies thought she was a teenager as her pregnant mother accompanied her in the bride's room at the temple. I didn't bother to disabuse them of that notion.
Being in the temple with my daughter (and my baby son that I snuck in without a recommend) is now counted as one of the highlights of my life. It's just so amazing to look back at the road that got us there. It certainly wasn't all her parents' doing, as she's had amazing people influencing her in good directions her whole life. They have my heart-felt gratitude. But mostly it has been Lindy that has just wanted to choose the right her whole life. I'm so proud!
Last night we called her and asked her how married life was going. She said that living with a husband was much better than living with roomates -- less drama and chaos. Amen to that!