Saturday, March 23, 2013

It Does Get Easier!

I've been reflecting lately on how easy my life is.  Twenty years ago this month I was living in Hyrum, Utah, working full time as a nurse at Logan Regional Hospital while Paul worked on his Masters at Utah State.  I had a three year-old, a one year-old, and was eight months pregnant.  Paul and I juggled our schedules so I could work three 12-hour night shifts a week and he could get to his classes.  Occasionally this meant having a neighbor babysit the girls, but usually I just stayed up after coming home from work until Paul got home from school (if I didn't have to go back to work that night).  It doesn't take much reading between the lines to gather that I was exhausted -- just trying to keep my eyes open all the time.
Yet I loved my life, my husband, my kids, and my job.  I loved serving in the church (Primary teacher).  I loved living in beautiful Cache Valley.  I even took on, in the fall of that year, doing a co-op preschool with some friends -- Joy School for Lindy.  Life was crazy and exhausting but it WAS full of joy!
And it still is.  I know people must have shaken their heads when they found out I was expecting a baby thirteen years after my last baby.  But we were so excited, and feel so blessed to have this little cutie-pie.  It's so different to have a little when you've also got bigs.  Yes, he makes messes, but there are lots of helping hands.  Since I'm at the place in life where Paul is bringing home the bacon, even with homeschooling and a church calling and home-management,  even with serving on the board of LDSHE (which is a lot of hours a week some weeks), even with home projects and hobbies, sometimes I wonder what to do with my time.
So I decide to write a blog post.
Because I want to.
The End